Five facts everyone should know about having, or not having, a will!
Did you know that …
1. Your family can end up losing a large amount of their inheritance if you haven’t planned ahead.
2. Your children could be taken into care if you if you don’t specify who you would like to take care of them. They won’t automatically be placed with a member of your family.
3. If you are living together it’s important to know that unless you have a valid Will in place your Life Partner does not have the automatic right of a spouse.
4. If you have remarried, the children of your first marriage could be left with nothing if you die before your new partner.
5. Unless you have got a legal document in place – a Lasting Power of attorney, your family will have apply for authority from a Court to make decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated for any reason – whether that’s from accident or illness. This can take months and can be very expensive.
Having a valid will in place allows you to provide for and protect your loved ones. It makes the administration of your estate easier to deal with and enables you to minimise your tax liabilities.
Secure your family’s future today – call 01245 460383 or email for further information on Sovereign Estate Planning services.